Modern technology may have taken some of the allure of escaping society away from RVing, but certain gadgets really do make cross-country trips easier and much more carefree. Sure you could fumble with a paper map and stop for directions five times, but wouldn’t you rather just get there before sunset?
There are all sorts of sweet products available to make your time on the road more worthwhile, more comfortable, and more memorable. The following gadgets are just some of our many favorites; we’ll never run out of handy no-brainers that help us accomplish a task and get back to enjoying the great outdoors.
1. Huawei Mobile Wi-Fi HotspotEven if you prefer to remain off the grid while you’re on a trip, it’s not a bad idea to have the option of staying connected, because well, you just never know. With this wireless Internet hotspot from Huawei, up to 10 devices and their users can surf the web at once.
2. Garmin RV-Specific GPSIt’s certainly helpful when getting where you’re going to know where you’re headed. Erase all mystery with an RV-specific GPS from Garmin, which not only calculates optimal routes for the specifications of a standard RV, but also alerts the driver of risks such as inclement weather, steep hills, and sharp curves.
3. TireTech Pressure MonitorWe bet you’ve never cursed louder than that one time when one of your RV tires blew a flat in the middle of nowhere. Do yourself a solid to prevent that dreadful moment from happening again with this wireless tire pressure monitor system from TireTech, which displays real-time pressure and temperature for up to 22 wheels.
4. EnergyBar 250 Road ChargerEnjoy the comforts of civilization while you explore the great unknown with the EnergyBar 250 battery pack. Lightweight, sleek and rechargeable with AC/DC hookup or the unit’s top-mounted solar panels, RVers can use the EnergyBar 250 charging station to power essential items such as smartphones, laptop computers, fans and LED TVs.
5. Oxygenics Shower HandleThere are few things on vacation more frustrating than coming back from a difficult hike and wanting to take a hot, relaxing shower, only to find that you have hardly any water pressure and the temperature keeps changing. Luckily, the oxygenating showerhead from Oxygenics increases pressure, controls temperature, and saves water by adding oxygen to the flow of your shower, so you can unwind properly after a long day.
6. BOLT Solar ChargerBoth your son and daughter’s phones lose power at the same time. Their music was supposed to last the whole way, but now they’re up and bored and wondering if they’re there yet. You can keep the whole family entertained thanks to the Solio BOLT solar charger and its USB charging station. Just mount the BOLT on your dashboard, let it draw energy from the sun, and then plug in and bring your device back to life. Holding power for up to one year, it can also save the day in case of emergency.
Upgrading to these cool new gadgets all at once could put a hefty dent in your wallet, so we recommend upgrading slowly. Pick an item that you think will benefit you most at the moment, and see how it affects your trips. The tech isn’t going away anytime soon!