RVRC LIVE! August 2018

Check out the recap of our monthly RVRC LIVE with managing editor of RV Repair Club Dave Solberg. Dave answers your RV repair questions live on the air in this interactive and informative Q&A.

Feel free to submit questions live during the broadcast by writing in the comment box below! Please include the make, model, and year of your RV with your question.

35 Responses to “RVRC LIVE! August 2018”
  1. Michael

RV Make: Thor, RV Model: Palazzo, RV Year: 2018

How will a sudden loss of tire pressure in one of the rear tires affect the driveability?

2. Gary Hammond

RV Make: itasca, RV Model: spirit, RV Year: 2000

With portable propane tanks there is an expiration date for refilling. Is there any restrictions on on board propane tanks in an RV?

3. PETER

RV Make: Coachmen, RV Model: Santara DS35, RV Year: 2005

Hi Dave,,
    I have a new to me 2005 Coachmen Santara A class coach with an attached propane tank, 80 lb, and I’m wondering how I can fill it at a seasonal park that only has “drive up” service?
    Thanks for your expertise!!
    Peter

4. Arlynn

RV Make: Thor, RV Model: Daybreak 34XD, RV Year: 2014

Low water pressure while hooked up to city water. Starts good then in seconds slows down to 3 min/gal. Can hear hissing outside at intake to RV. Can jiggle hose gets better but does not Last.

5. Dennis L McBride

RV Make: Fleetwood discovery , RV Model: 36J, RV Year: 2011, Brand: Fleetwood discovery , Model Number: 36J

My had leveling jack control board will light up when I take a left turn where the coach has to lean a little more then usual?

6. Neal Stockheimer

RV Make: Jaco, RV Model: Gray hawk , RV Year: 2015

What is the best power TV antenna for my RV

7. PETER

RV Make: Coachmen, RV Model: Santara 3510DS, RV Year: 2005

Hi again Dave,,
    I plan on spending 6 months at a Florida travel park with my A class Coachmen coach. I plan on the slides being out for the full time as well as up on the levelling jacks. Is there anything I should be looking at such as retracting etc while set up for such a long period of time?
    Thank you again!!
    Peter

8. Ken Mullens

RV Make: Palomino, RV Model: B-1500, RV Year: 1998

Interested in “pop-up” maintance, soft side replacement panels, roof repair, air conditioning, fantastic fans and awnings for truck campers.

9. Myron Haluschak

RV Make: Grand Design, RV Model: Solitude, RV Year: 2018, Brand: Max Flo on demand pump

Have these pumps been known to randomly stop working? We were using our fresh water tank for a week, had done dinner dishes and started our showers. After this we noticed that there was no water pressure in any of our taps or exterior water outlets. The light on monitor panel was on so I assume we had power, fuse was fine but pump wouldn’t cycle.

10. Arlynn

RV Make: Thor, RV Model: Daybreak 34XD, RV Year: 2014

Low water pressure while hooked up to city water. In seconds it’s down to 3 gal/min. Can hear a hissing out at the intake and jiggle hose gets a little better.

11. Kevin

RV Make: Columbus , RV Model: 386fk, RV Year: 2018, Brand: Dometic, Model Number: 9100

What’s the easiest way to replace the motor in the awning?

12. Jerry Baber

RV Make: Grand Design, RV Model: Solitude 310, RV Year: 2017

How do I relevel the Lippert 6 point hydralic?

13. dick petree

RV Make: Sahara , RV Model: Safari, RV Year: 2003

Have issues with instrument panel. Fuel gauge, tech & speedometer work intermittenly, etc. Freight liner chasis. How do I find replacement instrument cluster?

14. Steve Kass

RV Make: Western Alpine Coach, RV Model: 36SDS, RV Year: 1998

Dave, my inverter/charger has an on/off switch. Why or when would I want to turn off my inverter. What harm is there keeping it on all the time?

15. Pat

RV Make: KZ STONEBRIDGE, RV Model: Front living room, RV Year: 2014

I have a leak on the pipe going into the black water holding what kind of black putty or glue do you use to seal that black pipe know one knows? Thank you.

16. Leslie K. Foote

RV Make: Palomino , RV Model: Columbus 1492, RV Year: 2018

I notice that when I dump my black tank, the oder fills up my rig and doesn’t go away, but lessens over time. I’ve performed tank flushings, deodorizing (tablets and liquids) but nothing seems to get rid of the odor completely. As a new full time, is this normal, and/or can you suggest an alternative, should I only use the Sani-Con vs. Manually pulling tanks or should I get a professional cleaning. Thank You.

17. Louis Cecala

RV Make: Gulfstream , RV Model: Sun Sport, RV Year: 1986, Brand: Chevy, Model Number: 454

I just inherited 1986 Gulfstream Sunsport and took it for a drive and it will not climb Hills. When they were new where there any issues with their power

18. Beverly J Dean

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Taurus, RV Year: 1985

I am looking to find the flexible tubing, 51/4″ blue and white tubing. Do they still make it and if not what can I use instead?

19. Warren

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: 5th wheel, RTRAV, RV Year: 2007

When attempting the run the air-conditioning on parallel (4000 total) generators, the air-conditioning will turn-on, load down the generators. I can hear the air-conditioning fans working but no cold air. A few minutes latter the generators load down some more for a few minutes, the air comes out cold, but the generators over load and shuts off the load. No other systems are running in the RV at this time. Is their something wrong with my a/c?

20. Gary

RV Make: Keystone, RV Model: Cougar, RV Year: 2018, Brand: Keystone, Model Number: 27RESWE

I have 2 6Volt batteries which run lights, water pump, vents, and heater fan, etc. they work very well and last overnight. I thought I had at least one plug that I could use for 120 appliances such as a fan or charge phones, iPad, etc.. none work without being hooked to shore power or generator.

21. Pauls

RV Make: Forest River, RV Model: Sundancer, RV Year: 2013, Brand: Forest River

Where is the breaker box on this model. Or is there a breaker box

22. Gary Hammond

RV Make: itasca, RV Model: spirit, RV Year: 2000

Sorry, couldn’t be here at the start. I asked about propane tanks on rv’s vs portable 5 gal tanks needing recertifiing.

23. Phil

RV Make: Beaver, RV Model: Patriot, RV Year: 1999

Our power steering started making groaning sounds. Check fluid leven and it was a bit low. Topped up and although groany is less still present. Where is power steering pump?

24. Gary

RV Make: Monaco, RV Model: Beaver, RV Year: 2004

I recently heard about a battery minder. What is it and is it something worth buying.

25. john.hudson

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Bounder, RV Year: 20017, Brand: airxcel, Model Number: ??

I have two A/C units on a RV Comfort thermostat. They both start and run, but unit 2 shuts off shortly after and will not restart. If I turn off everything and reset the thermostat the cycle will start over and unit 2 shuts off again. Any suggestions?

26. Marven

RV Make: Rockwood, RV Model: 8289ws, RV Year: 2018

Should you keep tire pressure at the maximum rating of the tire?

27. Jerry Houston 4

RV Make: Cloman, RV Model: Fleetwood , RV Year: 1992

Don’t get fresh water from inlet to faucet went hook to water source

28. Debby Christofferson

RV Make: Grand Design, RV Model: Solitude 374th, RV Year: 2018, Brand: Grand Design, Model Number: 374th

Having trouble with a cargo door staying closed while driving

29. Billy R. Wilson

RV Make: Heartland, RV Model: Mallard, RV Year: 2018

How about some training on pull behinds.

30. RD

RV Make: Outdoors, RV Model: Creekside, RV Year: 2013

What is the best tape or way to repair a rip in a Awning, that is right up by the top of the awning or when the awning is out its at the top end..

31. Johnny Higginbotham