RVRC LIVE! January 2018

Dave Solberg, managing editor of RV Repair Club, hosted the first ever RVRC LIVE. Dave addressed several questions live during this interactive Q&A session. Stay tuned for updates on the next event.

43 Responses to “RVRC LIVE! January 2018”
  1. Dew Whisnant

RV Make: Outback, RV Model: 316RL, RV Year: 2014

How do u stop the oxidation on the nose cap. It’s brown gelcoat

2. Jay Kaiser

RV Make: Jayco, RV Model: Eagle 321RSTS, RV Year: 2018

Rear cameras and thoughts before a purchase

3. Dew whizz

RV Make: Outback, RV Model: 316Rl, RV Year: 2014, Brand: Outback, Model Number: 316RL

Paint oxidation on the front nose cap

4. Lyle

RV Make: Forest River Prime Time, RV Model: Crusader, RV Year: 2013, Brand: Power King, Model Number: Towmax Tires

We’ve had two tread separations happen in two different instances as well as a 3rd tire show “interior bubbles”. In your experience is tread separation a result of manufacturing defect or is it due to poor maintenance. FYI, I check the inflation prior to every trip we make. Thanks!

5. Terry Ludban

RV Make: Holiday rambler38y , RV Model: Vacationer, RV Year: 2017

As you enter coach there are two switches near floor on left. One is labeled main, and if in off position the chassis battery will remain charged. What else is likely controled with that switch??

• Pete

RV Make: Winnebago, RV Model: Voyage, RV Year: 2006

In my Voyage the second switch turns the bay lights on.

6. Don S

RV Make: Keystone, RV Model: Passport, RV Year: 2016

No specific comment just going to listen in to the event.

7. Donald Pebworth

RV Make: R-Vision, RV Model: Sandcastle, RV Year: 1996

I have had several leaks causing delamination of the exterior fiberglass panels. I am considering removing fiberglass by cutting in manageable size pieces, remove damaged plywood and insulation, then replacing with marine grade plywood and putting fiberglass back on with liquid nails or contact cement. was hoping someone out there may have tackled a similar project and possibly have advise to help

8. BRYON H SKELLETT

RV Make: Coleman, RV Model: 263bh, RV Year: 2018

Are manufacturer tires (Chinese) safe?

9. David

RV Make: Sydney outback , RV Model: 328 frk, RV Year: 2012, Brand: Duromax Generator , Model Number: 12000EH

Will this generator run my RV?

10. Susan

RV Make: Keystone Passport, RV Model: BH, RV Year: ? 2014

Due to illness we have not been able to have our recalls taken care of. We did try last fall but unfortunately had a blow out.

11. Allan MacIvor

RV Make: Rockeoof, RV Model: 8417SS, RV Year: 2006, Brand: Rockeoof, Model Number: 8317SS

How to repair a soft floor ?

• ceejay

RV Make: fleetwood, RV Model: prowler, RV Year: 2001

would love to hear about this as well, my slide has a real soft spot, underneath the sofa

Hello,

Is it soft from water? Make sure to check for any leaks to prevent further damage. Being on a slideout, there isn’t many options than replacing the whole floor. Overlaying for more support isn’t the best idea because the only structure underneath is soft and could weaken over time and give out. You can’t really add support underneath because they ride on rollers or go up a ramp when coming in. Really the only thing I recommend doing is replacing the whole floor. This is a complicated task and but can be done. If you can tell me what kind of slideout system you have, or the make, model and year of your RV I can try to walk you through how to replace the whole floor.

Hope this helps,

Dan

12. Mark Harris

RV Make: Coachman, RV Model: Leprechaun 240FS, RV Year: 2016, Brand: OEM Converter/Charger

I converter my coach to AGM batteries. Is my OEM charger compatible with AGM batteries. I did order an AGM model Battery Minder to replace the LA battery Minder.

• skirchoff

Dave is having a little trouble with his internet connection but we’re troubleshooting that now. – Sam (behind the scenes)

13. Herman Gillis

RV Make: ForestRiver, RV Model: Tsunami 4104qs, RV Year: 2004

Oregon gas window repair. Driver side curved window. Can it be repaired and who can repair?

14. John

RV Make: skyline, RV Model: nomad, RV Year: 2016

Please add captioning to your videos for us hard of hearing RV’ers.

15. Donald Pebworth

RV Make: rvision, RV Model: sandcastle, RV Year: 1996

live feed/video not working correctly, audio not working.

• skirchoff

We were having some technical issues that we’re now fixing. I recommend refreshing your page in about 5-10 minutes and we will be restarting and ready to go. Sorry for the trouble! – Sam

16. Sheila Kester

RV Make: Pace Aero, RV Year: 1993

I am only getting a word every 30 seconds or so. Will there be a replay?

• skirchoff

17. Michael

RV Make: Winnebago, RV Model: Adventurer, RV Year: 2010

My dealer said my water pump and radiator are showing signs of leaking. The fix is $4,000. I’m a pretty handy guy and a friend has a shop that he works on car and trucks, so I’m wondering if I would be foolish to try this repair on my own?

• Pete

RV Make: Winnebago, RV Model: Voyage, RV Year: 2006

Wow Michael, are they going to replace with Brass and copper? I’d get second opinion!!!!

• Martin Pecikonis

RV Make: Tiffin, RV Model: Allegro Bay, RV Year: 2008, Brand: Tiffin, Model Number: Allergo Bay 38'

I had a leak in passenger side rear near heater. Water ran on floor and mold black on 1×3 foot. Shop wants 7,000. Can I fix this myself, pretty handy

18. David

RV Make: Coachmen , RV Model: Santara, RV Year: 1999, Brand: Onan, Model Number: 7000 Marquis

I’m searching for a 146-0663 Carburetor for this Generator.

19. Steve Hall

RV Make: Fleetwood , RV Model: Expedition, RV Year: 2015, Brand: Attwood 10 gal water heater, Model Number: GE 16 EXT

I’m getting mostly yellow flame and a lot of soot from me water heater. I’ve adjusted the air intake tube both ways and still yellow flame. Any ideas?

20. stephen s gray

RV Make: roadtrek, RV Model: 19 popular, RV Year: 1997

i was not able to view the discussion, it only buffered

• skirchoff

21. Patrick Krautkremer

RV Make: Coachman 21RSC, RV Model: Freelander, RV Year: 2018

Dave, what portable air compressor do you suggest? Viair is great, but a bit pricey! How often do you need to air up tires? SAMS has a Stanley Fatmax 1000A peak battery amp w/jump starter, 100psi, 4 usb ports, for $70. Just started camping last July, 10 nights in 2017; big 3 week trip planned this year for 2 weeks, besides the normal 2-3 weekends/month. Expensive one or inexpensive? Thanks Pat

22. Richard Skaff

RV Make: LivinLite, RV Model: Toy Hauler Basecamp, RV Year: 2011

I have a refrigerator with a freezer using electricity or propane that a service company said worked when they tested it. When I try, I can’t get it to work! Suggestions?

23. Randall swihart

RV Make: Fleetwood , RV Model: Pace arrow, RV Year: 2006, Brand: Nordic, Model Number: Ndr1292

When we travel down the road, our fridge heats up it is running the hole time gas or electric does not matter. It goes from 31 deg 50+ deg I’m under 49 mikes. When we arrive at destination it starts to cool down. We are sitting still it works like a charm.

24. Linda

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Storm, RV Year: 1996, Brand: Igloo upright freezer

Can I add one to my RV

25. Larry Cooper

RV Make: Winnebago, RV Model: Itasca, RV Year: 2001

Removal of drivers side window, no screws at bottom

26. Ron Smith

RV Make: Forest River, RV Model: Sunseeker 3010DS, RV Year: 2012, Brand: Bigfoot

Levelers that came with rv don’t seem to work very well… by that i mean several times it complely raises rear and or front wheels off ground while still not showing level. It would be level with less of certain ones. Another thing is one of the levelers will go down then when other side goes down, the first one retracks leaving the second level holding the rearend up by one level. Thoughts!??

27. Carole

RV Make: Forest River, RV Model: Sierra, RV Year: 2008

Is there a way to prepare a video for first time RV OWNERS demonstrating RV 101 and purchasing a used RV? ie, what are the initial inspection items and how to do it as basic as connecting the RV to power and sewer and recommended initial maintenance like cleaning tanks. This thing was sitting for a very long time with all tanks full.