RVRC LIVE! September 2018

In this month’s RVRC LIVE, Dave Solberg shares his favorite roof cleaner and sealer for RV’s, discusses roof repair, winterization, interior flooring, tune-ups and much more. Check out the recap!

38 Responses to “RVRC LIVE! September 2018”
  1. Jon

RV Make: Carrige, RV Model: Nitro, RV Year: 2008

Trying to get information and or parts for slide out on my carriage RV

2. Steve Kass

RV Make: Western Alpine Coach, RV Model: 36SDS, RV Year: 1998

Hi Dave, I am going to install a Wingard ConnecT 2.0 WiFi booster on my roof. It is wireless but I need to run the cable for 12V power. I have heard some say they run it down the refrigerator vent. Does this work? How do I retrieve the cable? Do I have to pull out the refrigerator to get to the cable??

3. Don Sprinkel

RV Make: Lance, RV Model: 1575, RV Year: 2016

How should a person of sizable weight address the issue of being on the roof to do Preventative Maintenance on the rubber compound?

4. Wayne

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Discovery, RV Year: 2007

changing out old ceiling flourescent cwiling lights with LED

5. Robert

RV Model: Knight, RV Year: 2006, Brand: Monaco

Besides sealing as many entry points as possible, what do you recommend to keep mice out of RVs?

• avery

RV Make: winnebago, RV Model: adventurer, RV Year: 2002

have a solar panel on roof and digital solar charge controller inside am going to store my M/H for the winter what do I do with the controller (turnoff???) OR???

6. Jeff

RV Make: Tioga, RV Model: Tiogo c 30, RV Year: 1981

Do anyone have the belt diagram for this model it i really need one it is the C30 350 short block Chevy with air conditioning????Please help

7. Robert E Jordan

RV Make: Forest River, RV Model: Cross Country, RV Year: 1909

I received your disk Refrigeration Essentials, is there sound with your DVD’s or we just to read the instruction?

8. David

RV Make: Holiday Rambler, RV Model: Imperial, RV Year: 1994

I have a 94 Holiday Rambler with hydralic jacks. The back jacks don’t extend all the all the time. Sometime they only go up 2 in and other they will go 6″ What can I do?

9. Butch Renders

RV Make: Rockwood, RV Model: 2604WS TS, RV Year: 2015

Wondering about replacing or covering the floor in my 2016 32 ft. Rockwood Lite W RLT2604WS TL? (Guest7045)

10. Robert E Jordan

RV Make: Forest River, RV Model: Cross Country, RV Year: 1909

Does your DVD’s have sound?

11. Wayne McLaren

RV Make: Coachmen, RV Model: Mirada, RV Year: 2018

Do you use plastic blocks tom level the tires OR the automatic jacks?

12. Joe McBride

RV Make: Keystone, RV Model: Passport, RV Year: 2016

Hey everyone. Central IN here as well.

13. Katie

RV Make: Winnebago, RV Model: Minnie Winnie, RV Year: 2018

Hi. Can a residential a/c company fix an rv a/c or does it take a specialized technician?

14. Allen

RV Make: Grand Design, RV Model: Reflection 320MKS, RV Year: 2019, Brand: Grand Design, Model Number: Reflection 320MKS

I’m buying a 35’ 5th wheel. What your opinion about a Reese Goose Box 5th wheel-to-Gooseneck Air Ride coupler Adapter – Lippert 1621. – 16,000 lbs. over traditional 5th wheel hitch?

15. John

RV Make: Monaco , RV Model: safari gazelle, RV Year: 2005, Brand: insignia, Model Number: 32"

insignia roku tv won’t connect to rv parks cable , works on wifi,netflix, exc.

16. Roger

RV Make: Tiffin, RV Model: Allegro Bay, RV Year: 2006

Can you have 2 different brand a/c units and if so will they work off 1 thermostat.

17. thunder

RV Make: Forest River, RV Model: Georgetown 378, RV Year: 2010

Is it best to leave my rv plugged into a 15 amp outlet during winter storage? ie. keep the house and chassis batt. charged. We will not be here to enter coach for 6 months.

18. Ric

RV Make: King of road, RV Model: 40’ 5th whl, RV Year: 1999. 3 slides

Where&How do I locate slideout winch motors??slides R gear driven. What IS GOOD upgrades?

19. goodwinump

RV Make: gulf stream, RV Model: ultra sport, RV Year: 2000, Brand: chevrolet , Model Number: express 3500

I am wondering if my 12 bolt rear end is a posi-traction unit. I do know it is a 4.10 gear ratio.

20. Dwayne

RV Make: Aerolite, RV Model: 284BHSL, RV Year: 2017

I am going to winter in my RV, temps could hit -20. I have hard plumped the sewer lines with ABS pipe. Is it best to leave the dump valves open?

21. Malcolm S

RV Make: Monaco, RV Model: Dynasty , RV Year: 2004, Brand: Villa International copilot chair

Turned chair around for company and now it wobbles back n forth as well as side to side. The swivel lever won’t catch now. Help.

22. Garth Wilson

RV Make: fleetwood, RV Model: southwind, RV Year: 1994, Brand: Dometic Refrigerator, Model Number: RM2807

1/ Fridge not working Smells like ammonia inside. 2/ Monitor works , no back up camera.

23. Steve Morvant

RV Make: Forest River, RV Model: 27RLSS, RV Year: 2018, Brand: Equalizer 4 pt.

After loading our new camper and traveling, my truck is riding low in the back. Question is, is it unsafe to simply raise the adjustment one hole up and wait until next stop to do anything else if needed?

24. ART

RV Make: Monaco, RV Model: La Palma, RV Year: 2002, Brand: Freedom, Model Number: 458 series 2k watt inverter/charger

I have a Freedom 458 series inverter/charger 2k watts. I recently installed a 400 watt solar system with a charge controller. Now, when I turn on the inverter, I measured 140-145 volts coming out of my 120 plugs….without any load. Drops to 130-135 volts with a load on the system. I’m concerned and afraid I might burn out an appliance with so many volts…..any ideas why and how to correct?

25. Mike Sandling

RV Make: Jayco , RV Model: Featherweight , RV Year: 2006

AC, furnace, and blowers all worked until I unplugged the unit to travel about 2 hours. Now none of them work. What could be the problem?

26. Alfred

RV Make: Winnebago, RV Model: SightSeet, RV Year: 2005

What has your experience been with the Autopark Brake as used on the 2005 era Workhorse chassis? I had the Autopark light flip on several times while highway driving indicating pump needed to run to build up pressure. Is this normal or should I be worried about a system failure?

27. Mike

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: avion savannah, RV Year: 2000

My tub and surround are yellowed, how can I get it to white? Failing that can it be removed by layman and replaced with shower pan and new shower walls? standard mini tub with left hand drain. Cost effective suggestions?

28. Jim

RV Make: Chinook, RV Model: Glacier, RV Year: 2005

Need information on replacement of driving lights for front bumper; part number etc. Thanks

29. Joe

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Flair, RV Year: 1993, Brand: Roof Sealant, Model Number: 23'

What should we realistically expect to pay to have someone professionally reseal our roof? What would it cost us to do it ourselves? How difficult is the job?

30. Patrick

RV Make: Forest River, RV Model: Sunseeker, RV Year: 2002

Suggestions For Suspension, Trac/Front-Rear SwauBars,Shocks.

31. Smokey

I’m buying one, looking for a grand junction. I’ve had an rv for over 35 years. Just checking out your program. I’m interested in joining.