RV Livestyle & Repair Editors

12 Volt Battery Session 8: Inverters

RV Livestyle & Repair Editors
Sign in
Duration:   5  mins

Dry camping or “boondocking” is camping in an area without an external electrical connection and water hookups. To operate appliances that only run on 120-volt power, an inverter will take 12-volt power/energy from the house batteries and provide 120-volt power to small items like the TV/DVD player. Larger inverters can power appliances like the refrigerator using a large bank of house batteries.

Make a comment
  • (will not be published)

No Comments
Get exclusive premium content! Sign up for a membership now!