What to Do About A/C Condensation

Ask an RV Expert Banner

Question

The water from my air conditioning unit keeps running down the inside of my RV rather than outside. How can I fix this?

Submitted via email

Answer

Condensation from the A/C unit has been a long time battle with RV owners. Some people will actually leave the rig slightly higher to the passenger side so the water runs to the other side.

Check to make sure your model does not have a condensation hose that may be plugged. Also, you need to check the torque of the fastening bolts. Go inside and take off the bottom shroud, on each corner you will have a spring loaded bolt which needs to be tightened to a specific torque periodically. Otherwise the foam gasket starts to compress and water can run inside. Good luck!

Safe travels,
David Solberg

Related:
How To Reduce RV Condensation And Prevent Mold
Tips for RV Air Conditioner Maintenance
6 Tips for Hot Weather RVing

Do you have an RV repair question you’d like answered by an expert? Email your question to editor@rvrepairclub.com or reach out to us on Facebook.

Please note: questions may be edited for clarity and relevance.

Pre-Trip Checklist

81 Responses to “What to Do About A/C Condensation”
  1. Lawrence Oliver

RV Make: Forwinds, RV Model: Magellan 36R, RV Year: 2009

How to DIY foggy windows repair

2. David

RV Make: HEARTLAND, RV Model: BIGHORN 3610, RV Year: 2012

I purchased a small dehumidifier from Amazon .com for about 80 dollars and it not only keeps condensation out it keeps the humidity level at a comfortable level.

3. michael

RV Make: prowler, RV Year: 1999

I recently out in a new hot water heater, my problem is when i open valve all the way and turn on hot water faucet i get cold water; when i open it alittle i can get hot water; what is my problem thank you

Hi, Michael. To provide more specific troubleshooting information we need to know the make, model, and year of your RV as well as what model/year water heater you installed. In the mean time, here are few things to check. Does this happen at all faucets? You should have one in the kitchen, bathroom, shower, maybe outside? Also, is it a dual handle faucet or single? With a little more info we may be able to assist further?

4. Jay

RV Make: Gulfstream, RV Model: Ameri-Lite, RV Year: 2016

No problems yet, just wanted to say Hi, and tell you I enjoy reading as well as your videos. I have owned many rv’ sovereign the years. Done 99.9% of my own repairs. Hope to gain a bit more insight. Retired now, downsized to small camper for 2.
    Thanks; Jay & Claire Carona, McComb, MS. 39648

5. Ray

RV Make: airstream motorhome, RV Model: landyacht, RV Year: 2001

where is location of battery disconnect solenoid switch,no power to coach.

Hi, Ray. To provide more specific troubleshooting information we need to know the make, model, and year of your RV. Typically the house battery disconnect switch is located in the stepwell of the entrance door, however I have seen models with the switch on the dash of motorhomes, in the cabinet above the entrance door, and various other places. Some rigs don’t have a battery disconnect switch.

6. Dave Dumas

RV Make: Dutchman, RV Model: Coleman CTU260RL, RV Year: 2014

The left slide plastic runner that runs along the floor has broken in half. By looking at the right one, I believe it is a sled that runs along the carpet and floor when the slide closes. I am headed to Camperworld to buy the part tomorrow. My question is how can I get the slide up enough to put the piece back in place and what kind of adhesive do I use?

Hi, Dave. To provide more specific troubleshooting information we need to know the make, model, and year of your rig and also what slide room you are referring to? If you are going to Camping World, they should be able to identify the type of adhesive to apply.

7. james

RV Make: keystone, RV Model: zeplin 2 271, RV Year: 2006

the oven doesn’t work i’m not getting gas to it

8. jeff

RV Make: jayco, RV Model: kiwi, RV Year: 2003

how do i repair the roof? it has the rubber roof and underneath it its Styrofoam with 1/4″ plywood.

To provide more specific troubleshooting information on your request for roof repair we need to know the make, model, and year of your RV. If you have a rubber membrane on the top of the roof it probably has thin luaun plywood and then block foam insulation. Also, if you could be more specific on the type of repair needed we should be able to assist further.

• jeff

RV Make: jayco, RV Model: kiwi, RV Year: 2003

it is a 2003 jayco kiwi 23b it does have a rubber membrane on the roof and also it is the thin plywood with the block foam but a tree branch fell on the roof and damaged the block foam and plywood in the front but how do i go about fixing that. is there a manual or step by step guide on how to repair it?

Hi, Jeff. Since this is a fairly extensive repair and will require special adhesive
          and expertise, you will not find a manual or step by step procedure
          for repair as most RV manufacturers and dealers want you to take it to
          them for reconstruction. However, depending on your level of
          construction expertise, it might be something you can handle? First
          contact a local RV service center to obtain an adhesive that is designed
          for block foam insulation and will not eat away or deteriorate it and is
          not a water based product that will not adhere. You will need to
          painstakingly peel off the rubber in the damaged area and remove the thin
          luaun material around the area to see how much needs to be removed and
          replaced. The luaun is a thin clean plywood which is the same used
          as underlayment in vinyl flooring. The key is removing all the bad
          material and adhesive to have a clean surface to apply the adhesive and
          new foam. You should be able to get matching foam at a home
          improvement store or lumber yard. The inside panel is basically a
          piece of wallboard which is a luaun with wallpaper already applied.
          You should not need to remove this, just get it clean and reapply
          individual layers and let it sit between application for a good bond. Good
          luck!

• jeff

RV Make: jayco, RV Model: kiwi, RV Year: 2003

its a 2003 jayco kiwi 23b and the rubber membrane is fine just the styrofoam and plywood need to be fixed is there a manual or step by step way to replace it like if someone who works at the dealership would have.

9. Ron

RV Make: Scamp, RV Model: 13ft, RV Year: 2003, Brand: Pridigy electronic rake, Model Number: 2

Trailer has brakes. Car not electronic brake controller. 2017 hyundai v6 santa Fe no brake switch available any suggestions they tell me go through firewall

Not sure who “They” are that told you to go through the firewall, however there are several brake control units that will fit your 2017 Hyundai and I have sent several people to etrailer.com as they use some of the best products such as Draw-Tite, Tekonsha, Valley, Hidden Hitch, and Hopkins. Since they specialize in matching up the best product with your application and we are not able to research every specific model, I would recommend contacting them here: https://www.etrailer.com/fitguidebc.htm

10. Dee

RV Make: fleetwood, RV Model: regal 5th wheel, RV Year: 2008

the bottom of stairs, pocket door track come loose from the ceiling inside the pocket. how do I get inside to fix?

Hi, Dee. To provide more specific troubleshooting information we need the make, model, and year of your RV. Typically track and pocket doors can be taken off the track by lifting up and taking the roller off the upper track or disconnecting the pivot point of a pocket door.

11. TERRY

RV Make: coachman, RV Model: catalinia, RV Year: 1998, Brand: onan, Model Number: microlite 4000

I am having issues with running , I have check the 1/4 tank and we are at 3/4ths I can not get fuel out of the line unless we siphon the gas to the fuel filter . i have taken an external gas can and gravity feed to the filter and pump. I have ordered a new pump. Help!!!!

Hi, Terry. To provide more specific troubleshooting information we need the make, mode, and year of your RV and a more specific information on what tank you are referring to. Since you referenced checking the 1/4 tank and are at 3/4ths it seems you might be referring to the generator? If so, we need the generator make (probably Onan) and model as well. There are several issues that can cause a small engine such as a generator to not start but it starts with spark and fuel. Verify you have spark by removing the spark plug and grounding it with the spark plug wire connected. Next, with the spark plug removed, spray in some starting fluid and replace the spark plug. Does it start briefly? Then you will need to remove the fuel line at the filter and then the carburetor to verify fuel. These are all steps that you need to feel comfortable that you can perform. It could be a plugged fuel filter, faulty fuel pump, or even a collapsed fuel line. Another issue has been varnish in the carburetor due to cheap refining and not running the genset on high load once a month. In this case it’s a carburetor rebuild!

12. Willard

RV Make: Redwood, RV Model: 38RL, RV Year: 2016

I have a “whole house” water filter. I flushed out my water heater and replaced the anode rod. About two months later my hot water has started smelling like sulphur. What am I doing wrong?
    The water source is an RV park that is from a rural water utility district.

Hi, Willard. We would be happy to assist you; we just need some more information. What is the make/model/year of your RV?

13. Richard

RV Make: Naational RV, RV Model: Surf Side, RV Year: 2001, Brand: Thetford, Model Number: Aqua Magic IV

I will be replacing the flush blade & gaskets and thetfoed does not have the manual for this toilet on their website. Is there anything I need to know about how to replace the parts, or is it pretty stright forward. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Richard. It should be pretty straight forward, however if you can give me the year and model of the Thetford toilet I can get a service manual or parts diagram.

14. Richard

RV Make: National, RV Model: Surf Side, RV Year: 2001, Brand: Thetford, Model Number: Aqua Magic IV

I Thought I should add to my last post that this is the High foot flush model not the hand flush.

15. Thomas

RV Make: Monaco , RV Model: Western, RV Year: 1995

tach stop working, were do I start , I believe it has the crank, flywheel pickup on it

Hi, Thomas. We would be happy to assist you; we just need some more information. What is the make/model/year of your RV?

16. Tim may

RV Make: Dynamax, RV Model: Isata 250sl, RV Year: 2005

My neighbor is selling their motor home with 66000 miles on it. Is there any concerns about the miles and the availibility of getting parts.

To provide more specific information on the availability of parts and serve on the unit your describe we need to know the make, model, and year of the rig. Over the years many RV manufacturers have come and gone with only the name being bought by new companies and no parts or documentation available on older units. As for the mileage, 66K is high mileage for a motorhome, unless it’s a diesel and it all depends on how it was maintained? And there are other factors such as how long did it sit between trips? Some RV owners bought their rigs and did the dream trip for 3 years going to Alaska, Florida, and other places putting a ton of miles on, then spent a couple years only putting 1000 miles on and then let the unit sit for 2 years. I would be very leary of a unit that has been idle for more than 1 year with that many miles if it was a gas unit?

It looks as though the 2005 Dynamax Isata was built on the Ford E series class C chassis with a Triton V-10 gasoline engine. For a unit that is about 12 years old, 66,000 miles is on the high side, but not something I would be concerned about if it was maintained properly! Biggest issue, oil changes and transmission fluid/filter changes. I would be more concerned about the body of the unit looking for moisture leaks inside and soft floors. Open all the upper cabinets and look for stains, warped paneling, bubbling issues. If it was maintained and sealed properly over the years, it could be a great rig.

17. Lloyd

RV Make: Winnebago, RV Model: Adventurer 35u, RV Year: 2004

When driving heat blows from furnace floor vent behind cab, can this be turned off furnace is off and have turned furnace breakers off as well

18. Larry august

RV Make: Flagstaff , RV Model: 85291kbd, RV Year: 2016, Brand: Coleman, Model Number: Coleman mach

We have 2 A/C units, one in the bedroom is fine, the one in living area doesn’t get cold enough, I have them setup the same wsy

19. Sarita Nelson

RV Make: Grand Design, RV Model: Solitude, RV Year: 2017

Purchased a backup camera to install. What is the correct way to wire it up without connecting to the wiring for the lights which means I would have to run with the lights on all the time. Hope I explained this right. LOL

• Fred B

Get the power from the accessory plug (cigarette lighter). This makes it easy to disconnect it. Get 4 wire phone cable, make the connections in the cab according to the wiring diagram. run the cable to the camera and connect it.

20. Rebecca

RV Make: Sunnybrook, RV Model: Mobile Scout, RV Year: 1998, Brand: Atwood, Model Number: MPD 93756

I do not hear the ignition of my tankless water heater when I turn on the switch, as I once did. I am not getting hot water. Not sure what the exact problem is since it was working one day then not the next. Read through the owners manual and safety/maintenance records, and not quite sure which ignition I have…white Rodgers control or Robertshaw unitrol.

21. Richard

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Southwind, RV Year: 2005, Brand: Powergear, Model Number: P/N 82-S0010-01

37c triple slide unit. Bedroom slide will not operate when switch is pressed, no reaction either direction! two side slides work fine! Cannot find any fuses, circuit breakers or relays applicable to this slide? cannot locate motor as well?

22. Irvin

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Southwind, RV Year: 2000, Brand: Ford, Model Number: F-53 chassis, or F550

I want to change my 2 carrier bearings on my 3 piece drive shaft due to a vibration during acceleration. Tried to find how to video on YouTube but no luck. Any directions on how to do this? I know bearings would have to be removed and re pressed on by machine shop, but I just want to know procedure for removing the drive shaft, what I have to and don’t have to disconnect. Thanks.

To provide more specific troubleshooting information we need the make,
      model, and year as well as the Chassis VIN of the unit you are working
      on.

I would also suggest checking the balance of the shafts as the three piece
      units have been notorious for vibration due to one or more of the shafts
      out of balance. This is a specialty item and can only be done by a
      machine shop or sometimes you can find a racing shop that has the
      capability.

23. Jack

RV Make: Monaco, RV Model: Windsor, RV Year: 2002, Brand: On Board Invertor, Model Number: ????

I have just purchased the above RV and have not been advised how to enable the on-board invertor. My question is related to the fact that the original refriderator was repalced with a home model that requires a simply unplugging and plugging into a different 110v plug from the outside service compartment of the refriderator. My question is can I move the plug from the normal 110v line/generator to the invertor line and expect that the engine alternator will provide me 110v power through the invertor the run the fridgerator instead of running the on board generator while driving the unit? Please advise as best as is possible for me to understand the proper operation and warnings to avoid doing something that will cause me battery issues ! Thank you.

24. Hans Brinkhoff

RV Make: Fleetwood P30, RV Model: Space Arrow, RV Year: 1991

Dash A/C and blower motor not working. No incoming power to fan switch. I don’t have a usable diagram or repair instruction.The fuses looking OK. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

25. BRUCE

RV Make: Open Range, RV Model: 399BHS, RV Year: 2009

When I turn on my hot water tap I hear a noise coming from my hot water tank. Everything seems to be working well this noise just started. Any suggestions?

26. SAMUEL

RV Make: KZ by Thor, RV Model: Sportsmen, RV Year: 2017

I see stuff about maintaining a Lippert (and unsticking and etc.) slideout. Our travel trailer does have a slideout, but is it a Lippert?

27. Barrett

RV Make: Fleetwood , RV Model: Bounder M-34J, RV Year: 1995, Brand: Ford Chassis, Model Number: F250

Do you have any videos on external led light conversion for replacement of standard incandescent bulbs with LEDs for park/turn, brake and clearance lights?
    If not…could you do one showing how to resolve Hyper Flashing, No Flashing, Loss of Brake Lights while turn signals are on etc.

These are problems a lot of people experience and too little accurate information on line.

Thanks!

28. james

RV Make: chinook , RV Model: glacier, RV Year: 2005, Brand: chinook, Model Number: glacier

where are the fuses for the electric steps

• james

RV Make: chinook , RV Model: glacier, RV Year: 2005, Brand: kiwkee steps

do you know where the fuses would be.

29. Peggy

RV Make: Monaco, RV Model: Monaco, RV Year: 1997

I have water stain from water coming inside thru a leak. How can I repair without replacing the interior of the ceiling.

30. william

RV Make: gmc, RV Model: unknown, RV Year: 1976

what I have is a brake problem. It is a remote booster of some sort, is not connected to the master cylinder. has a brake fluid running to it, and a vacuum line and a four point electric connection. Got very hot, fluid was boiling out of it. Can not find any one here that knows what it is where I can get a replacement. Would you have any ideas on this problem? william wilson

31. Gerard

RV Make: winnebago, RV Model: suncruiser, RV Year: 2001, Brand: norcold, Model Number: N842IM

freezer working but refrig not cooling, what should I check? just purchased this used RV and it has not been used much lately.

32. ANTHONY

RV Make: forest river, RV Model: heritage glen 272bh, RV Year: 2016

spitting water from ac

33. Mickey Sieren

RV Make: Jayco, RV Model: Melbourne, RV Year: 2012, Brand: Girard tankless water heater, Model Number: GSWH-1

we went from one campsite to another was working fine then no water came out of any faucets when turned to HOT water and the cold water came out but very foamy. checked to water heater release valve water came out but was cold. check fuses they seemed fine not blown. what else can we do or any thoughts on problem? We’re new to this RV so hoping it’s an easy fix we’re missing. thank you in advance

34. Fred B

RV Make: Wildwood, RV Model: Lite

If you have a window air conditioner (not the roof) you need to make certain that the camper is level. If it is leaning to the opposite side, water will run inside instead of outside. I know I learned the hard way.

35. Alan

RV Make: Wiinebago, RV Model: Travato, RV Year: 2018, Brand: Coleman, Model Number: Mach 10 Air Conditioner

Dear Sirs:
    We recently purchased a 2018 Winnebago Travato with a roof mounted Coleman Mach 10 air conditioning unit. We are having some trouble with A/C unit including condensation leaking into our coach. I do not see a condensate hose on the roof unit. Is this normal? I also would like to check the mounting bolts for proper torque. I was not able to find the torque specs. Can you let me know what to torque these bolts to? Any other things that I should check for with a leak and lower performance issue. I measured a temperature from incoming to out going air of 19 degrees F. Also can you send me a link to the video that you made on roof mounted air conditioner units.

Christine & Alan LaFoy

Hello Alan,

Here is the link to the video on air conditioning maintenance which includes a section on checking the torque of the interior spring loaded bolts. https://www.rvrepairclub.com/video/tips-for-rv-air-conditioner-maintenance-007830/

Your Coleman owner’s manual in the massive packet of manuals and papers should have the torque setting for the bolts, however I usually just use a socket and hand tightening to snug is typically good? I do not believe the Travato has a condensation tube as it’s a fairly short coach and it starts as a Class B shell from the chassis manufacturer so Winnebago would not be able to hide a tube into the roof construction? Plus, if it’s a 2018 it should be covered under warranty although it might be more of a hassle to go back to a dealer but I would call Owner Relations at Winnebago to get it documented for future reference.

Hope this helps,
      David RVRC Video Membership

36. Chris blaum

RV Make: Keystone, RV Model: Cougar, RV Year: 2009

Our air conditioner vent fan wants to keep turning on and off when the air conditioner is not blowing cold air like exhaust fan trying to turn on for 4 to 5 mins. And very loud when on what could be my problem

37. Chalmers

RV Make: Coachman, RV Model: Mirada 30QB, RV Year: 1999

Where is the drain for my rooftop AC? I was told that the older units like mine cannot handle the condensate. I’m not buying it, I even brought a household dehumidifier on my last trip and it did not help.

Hello Chalmers,

To provide more specific information on the condensation drain for your roof ac, we need to know the make, model, and year of your RV.

Thanks,
      David RVRC Video Membership

38. Curt

RV Make: Newmar, RV Model: Kountry Star, RV Year: 2004

My cigarette lighter socket doesn’t work. I have 12 volts and is grounded. But when I plug in my GOS the voltage drops to 6.8 volts and my GPS won’t work.

Hello Curt,

To provide more specific troubleshooting information on your 12-volt power issue we need the make, model, and year of your rig. I also have a few questions regarding how you got the voltage readings? Is this a typical “old style” round cigarette receptacle you are using to plug in your GPS? Have you tested it with a multimeter prior to plugging the GPS in? Is it connected to a truck battery or in a motorhome and is it connected to the engine battery or house battery? How did you verify 6.8 volts? Have you verified the GPS works on any other connections in other vehicles? If you are connecting to a 12-volt system in a motorhome that is connected to the house batteries, when you connect and get 6.8 volts at the GPS, check the actual voltage at the house battery as well? If the batteries are sulfated and not storing the proper charge, it could be something else in the rig has started to drain the batteries such as the lights, ref, or other items?

Thanks,
      David RVRC Video Membership

39. Rick

RV Make: Holiday Ramblere, RV Model: Imperial, RV Year: 2005

Complete power loss to chassis

40. Perry

RV Make: Itasca, RV Model: Sunchaser, RV Year: 1989

I had a water leak and the ceiling is coming down. How do I replace the ceiling and glue up the foam pads coming down.

Hello Perry,

To provide more specific information on replacing the ceiling, we need the make, model, and year of your rig. Most RV ceilings are a sandwich design with an outer rubber membrane, thin luaun backer board, block foam insulation, and interior luaun with either a wallpaper or padded vinyl material. If just the padded vinyl is drooping, you can cut a line across from side to side, vacuum out any loose padding, spray in an automotive adhesive designed for headliners, and use a piece of thin plywood and a few 2” x 4”s to push up under the plywood and hold the fabric to the ceiling until the adhesive dries. If the area is large, do this in 4’ sections and screw a decorative piece of trim over the cut line. You may need to cut some extra material off if it stretches past the cut lines? Another option is to pull all the material off and apply a new sheet of decorative plywood to the ceiling cutting around the cabinets and using a matching silicone color at the edge and smoothing it out.

If the ceiling is rotten and needs to be replaced, then you need to find out what type of ceiling and framework you have. If it’s wood frame and filled with loose fill insulation, you have to take the top layer off and R&R the rotten components. Not an easy job!

Thanks,
      David RVRC Video Membership

41. Rex

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Bounder, RV Year: 2008

Driver and passenger side Windows are fogged up between the two panes, whatsoever the best way to fix this?

Hello Rex,

Fogging or “etching” between the glass panels of your dual pane windows is caused by the seal at the edge between the panes cracking or leaking which allows moist air to get between the panes and start to fog and eventually etch due to chemicals in the moisture and air. To repair it, you will need to remove the window and either clean and reseal the panes, or replace the window. There is no easy fix for this, however you can DIY it with a kit from: https://www.daverootrvglassrepair.com/window-repair-kits.html
      If the glass is etched to bad, it’s a full window replacement.

Thanks,
      David RVRC Video Membership

42. Anthony

RV Make: Itassca, RV Model: Sunova, RV Year: 2015

I’m having a problem with the water running down near the door, any ideas on how to stop it or reroute the water?

Hello Anthony,

To provide more specific information regarding your water issue we need the make, model, and year of your rig. Are you getting condensation from the roof air conditioner running off the roof to the ground by the door? If so, you could jack the passenger side up slightly with your jacks to route the water to the driver side? Another option would be to install a plastic molding piece at the edge of your roof to sidewall joint which will route the water to the front or back?

Thanks,
      David

43. Carl

RV Make: Thor, RV Model: Compass, RV Year: 2017, Brand: dometic

AC turned on unit this weekend lots of water running outside on the roof is there an internal drain?

Hello Carl,

To provide more specific information on the design of your roof ac condensation draining we need the make, model, and year of your rig. All roof air units will produce condensation that needs to be routed somewhere. A few units did have a tube coming off the unit designed into the roof and out a side port, however it would get clogged and most have gone away from that. Typically the units vent the condensation out on the roof and it follows the path of gravity which is not always the best option for your specific camping location. This typically is only a problem during high temp/humidity conditions where the roof ac unit is operating at max capacity. Some experienced RVers have found the trick in slightly adjusting the position of the rig just “off level” a few inches to direct the condensation to another part of the spot. Others have installed a “channel” to divert the water flow to where they want it.

Thanks,
      David RVRC Video Membership

44. Robert

RV Make: Safari, RV Model: Continental, RV Year: 2000

I have extensive interior damage to my inside roof, leaking skylight, leaking sat dish, leaking bath vent. I just bought this unit. I pulled the roof liner down and there is black mold, delamination. I have the membership in your repair club but can’t find any instruction on how to replace the roof. For example removing the cabinets and replacing the luan roof and vinyl roof liner. I don’t want to use tiles but the same roof liner material. Can you tell me where to start with a video or whatever you might have. Thanks… Robert

Hello Robert,

We do not have any videos on this type of project as this is typically not a DIY project for owners. It takes very specialized equipment that can vacubond or pinch roll the new roof layers together, heavy crane equipment, specific adhesive and applicators, and most of all…massive labor! If you want to tackle this yourself, start by taking all the cabinets off the roof/sidewall. Look inside and you will see the holes for the screws. Take as many photos as you can throughout the process. You will need to just peel of each layer to see what material is rotted and what needs to be replaced. Send us the photos and we’ll try to advise as best we can. Also, we need to know the make, model, and year of the RV as well.

Good Luck

David

45. Albert

RV Make: THOR, RV Model: VEGAS, RV Year: 2015

is there a specific A/C drain hose for this RV

Hi Albert,

What is the year, make, and model of your RV?

Thanks,

Becky

46. Richele Clark

RV Make: Award, RV Model: travel trailer 723, RV Year: 1995

47. Richele Clark

RV Make: Award, RV Model: travel trailer 723, RV Year: 1995

The roof top air conditioner stopped working we replaced it with air conditioner from our old pop up. There is no leaking inside the trailer however it is like a waterfall coming down the side of the camper between the awning. Is this normal and if so is there a way to divert so it runs to the back corner and drips off? Please help

48. john l philpot

RV Make: jayco, RV Model: fifth wheel, RV Year: 2011

the shroud on inside ac ceiling has luvers inside that can be opened or closed their is ducts thoughout rv should lovers be open or closed on shroud?

49. mkgmrc

RV Make: jayco, RV Model: jayflight 26bhw, RV Year: 2016

having issues with water dripping down out of the air return / filter area. does not happen continuously, seems to happen mostly if the trailer is un level. even if i have the trailer tilted to wards the back end, it drips, any ideas on how to combat this?

Hello,

Your roof AC has a drip pan directly underneath the evaporator coil which is also where the return air vent is located. As the warm moist air comes into the roof AC, it’s drawn through the evaporator coils which removes moisture and heat. This moisture then drops down to the drip pan and is supposed to drain out the drain holes on both sides of the underside of the roof AC. I would suggest taking off the exterior shroud and metal evaporator shield and cleaning the drip pan and checking the drain holes. While you have it open, you could also clean the evaporator coils.

Hope this helps,

David

50. Robert Sherwin

RV Make: Flagstaff, RV Model: 26RBS, RV Year: 2001

Yeah I’ve got a lot of ceiling rot and decided to replace the actual fiber board/luan clean out the insulation and paint the entire ceiling so it all matched. Problem is I’ve found there are no structural beams across at any point in the entire roof/ceiling structure. All there is is a sandwich of luan and Styrofoam period. All held together by glue alone. How is it legal to do that? Any suggestions as to how to go about replacing ceiling panels in this type of trailer because of rot?