RVRC GOLD: Solar 101

Tune in for a course on solar 101 with resident expert Dave Solberg. He touches on solar basics, types of solar panels, how to calculate the number of panels you need, battery maintenance, and more.

THIS EVENT IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR RVRC GOLD MEMBERS

In order to view the live class, be sure to visit this page while logged in to your GOLD member account.

12 Responses to “RVRC GOLD: Solar 101”
  1. Walter A Mousseau

RV Make: Holiday Rambler, RV Model: Endeavor, RV Year: 2000

Adding solar is our next biggest add-on

2. Paul Lundell

RV Make: Primetime, RV Model: Sanibel 3901, RV Year: 20106

Discussion on preferred solaor charge controllers? Or multi devices that cover more than one component. I have a device identical to this https://www.amazon.com/SUNGOLDPOWER-Inverter-Converter-Controller-Transfer/dp/B01EO8VYNA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1540588760&sr=8-2&keywords=solar+controller+charger+inverter+3000w but purchased directly from the company in China. Along with a Victron 700 battery monitor w/bluetooh monitoring. Wondering why these units are not catching on as quickly as I would have though two years ago when I first saw one.

3. Robert Conrad

RV Make: Keystone, RV Model: Cougar 5th Wheel, RV Year: 2014

Will a portable solar panel work better for me than a pair of roof mounted panels because it can be moved to face the sun?

4. Don McCabe

RV Make: Winnebago, RV Model: Sightseer, RV Year: 2011

Have enjoyed previous Classes, but your assistant needs to mic up. We can’t hear when she is talking.
    No questions for now.

5. Jeff Crandall

RV Make: Keystone, RV Model: Cougar 5w, RV Year: 2013

What are the ramifications of putting a cover on the rig, over the solar panel, for eight months? Can you modify the tarp in some way to expose the solar panel?

6. RONAL

RV Make: Winnebago, RV Model: Journey, RV Year: 2007

I have a small factory installed solar panel on the roof with a “CHARGING WHEN LIT” indicator led on the main electrical control panel. Can I add to this system or do I need to start from scratch?

7. Michael J Lawler

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Pace Arrow XLE 38K, RV Year: 2017

Looking forward to watching

8. Geoff Standbridge

RV Make: Keystone, RV Model: Larado, RV Year: 2007

I’m interested in maybe settting up my camper with solar.

9. John Botbyl

RV Make: Itasca, RV Model: Impulse 29T, RV Year: 2008

Here to gather info as a “newbie”