RVRC LIVE! May 2018

Check out the recap of our monthly RVRC LIVE with managing editor of RV Repair Club Dave Solberg. Dave answers your RV repair questions live on the air in this interactive and informative Q&A.

34 Responses to “RVRC LIVE! May 2018”
  1. Virginia Lieblein

RV Make: Bayridge, RV Model: Damon, RV Year: 2004

I have a 2004 Damon Bayridge FK38′ Park Model and rain water is getting into the rig via the venting in the lift up door of the water heater. The water goes onto the floor under the water heater and eventually exits out to the carpet in the living room. We have definitely determined that heavy rains splashing over the roof is getting water in via dripping down over the vents. We put a piece of aluminum flashing the length of the door, over the vent, above the door to deflect the rain and it works great but the door gets extremely hot now and I’m concerned about it creating a fire hazard?
    Thanks for any suggestions!

2. JEFFREY M.

RV Make: dolphin, RV Model: toyata, RV Year: 1985, Brand: UNK, Model Number: Unk

I may have remove the thing for determination of Model Number.

3. Glen Lobb

RV Make: Crosswinds, RV Model: Cruiser, RV Year: 2013

How to adjust the tip out for the bed

4. Mary Jo Stoliker

RV Make: Damon, RV Model: Challenger, RV Year: 2000, Model Number: 335.

Has any one replaced carpet with vinyl floor?
    Has anyone repainted this RV if so where?

5. David Rico

RV Make: Keystone raptor , RV Model: Rp3018, RV Year: 2006

Hello! I’m David Rico, I have a 2006 Keystone Raptor toy hauler model # RP3018. I noticed after a few days of using the shower, I think my grey tank starts to leak water. Is this fairly easy to repair or change out?

6. Patrick McDevitt

RV Make: Forest River, RV Model: Sunseeker LE 29, RV Year: 2002

29′ w/no slides ‘Yes!) and an 8.1L. It’s a keeper with only 42,000 miles. Only real issue is “Delamination & Repairing Water Damage-(Minor). Comments/Suggestions. IE: Class & DVD would help. Thanks: Patrick: “The Jersey Swampfox”.

7. Randy Wilkinson

RV Make: Heartland, RV Model: 3300ml, RV Year: 2014, Brand: Gateeau, Model Number: 3300ml

WhT do you do when the black lever to open and clse the tank is stuck open

8. John Cunningham

RV Make: HR, RV Model: Vacationer, RV Year: 1998

Is it possible for the average guy to repair the inside walls where moisture from condensation from the windows has caused the wall covering to bubble? Can I just scrape it off and repaper or do I have to replace everything on the inside? Thanks

9. Randy Wilkinson

What do you do when the black lever to open and clse the tank is stuck open

10. David

RV Make: Keystone, RV Model: Alpine, RV Year: 2014

is there a better way to wire TV coax so the use of either satellite or cable is easier??

11. Steve Kass

RV Make: Western Alpine Coach, RV Model: 36SDS, RV Year: 1998

Hi Dave,
    I have a diesel pusher. When I am running down the road is it ok to run my Onan 7500 Quite Diesel to cool the motor home?. Sometime the dash air is not enough.

• Sam

RV Make: Itasca, RV Model: Ellipse , RV Year: 2013

Have you flushed your tank? If not give it a shot

12. Allen Kingsley

RV Make: Jayco, RV Model: 25 RKS, RV Year: 2013, Brand: WFCO, Model Number: WF 8955PEC

Under the circuit breakers I believe is the power inverter that sounds like a fan is running non stop. The fan gets louder when lights are turned on and gets quieter as the lights are turned off. Is there a potential problem with it? Just stared in the last few weeks.

13. Christian West

RV Make: montana, RV Model: 3585, RV Year: 2012

outside faucet leaks in bathroom when either hot or cold water is turned on

14. Kenneth Volpe

RV Make: Airstream , RV Model: Sport, RV Year: 2017

When checking torque should you loosen lug nuts somewhat before settling to specfied setting?

15. Hal

RV Make: Skyline, RV Model: Nomad, RV Year: 1998, Model Number: 3090

Is there an inexpensive way to install some sort of automated stabilizer system?

16. Christian

RV Make: keystone, RV Model: montana 3585, RV Year: 2012

outside faucet leaks under bathroom sink when either hot or cold water is turned on.

17. Allen

RV Make: Jayco, RV Model: 25 RKS, RV Year: 2013, Brand: WFCO, Model Number: WF8955PEC

My power converter below the circuit breakers sounds like a fan running non-stop. When I turn on lights, it gets louder. When I turn off lights it sounds like it slows down and gets quieter. Is there a potential problem with it?

18. Mike

RV Make: Monaco, RV Model: LaPalma, RV Year: 2006

Newby just trying to understand things in general

19. Richard Estes

RV Make: Holiday rambler, RV Model: Endeavor, RV Year: 2003

Have surging on adjustable foot pedal. Goes away on cruise.

20. Rey Agosto

RV Make: Travelcraft-Leisurecraft, RV Model: Chevy, RV Year: 1982-83, Brand: Mobilehome

I NEED A NEW OR USED REFRIGERATOR: GAS & A/C; FIX ROOF MAYBE COMPLETELY; REINFORCE LEFT/RIGHT SIDE-CABIN WALLS (WARPED: Slightly-Bulging-Outward); BODY PAINT, NEW BLACK/GREY TANK; RETRO-FIT “CUT” AN EXTERNAL DOOR PANEL COMPARTMENT FOR BATTERY & FURNACE..ect WITH A BED-SLIDE-OUT-SHELF (Now Under Futon Bed); AND INSTALL INTERIOR POWER CONTROL PANEL; AND RETROFIT “CUT” AN EXTERIOR TV-COMPARTMENT DOOR PANEL, UNDER AWENING & BACK OF REFRIGERATOR, PASSENGER & GAS TANK SIDE; AND SIX NEW RIMS & TIRES; AND COMPLETE ENGINE & EXHAUST PIPE…ect RECONDITIONING.
    PLEASE HELP ME MR. SOLBERG. THANK YOU!!!

21. Jerry

RV Make: Dynamax, RV Model: RB24, RV Year: 2015

I have a rubber roof on my RV and tried to attach solar panels with well nuts as suggested in the solar company’s instructions and the well nuts pulled out. Any suggestions on how to attach the solar panels to the rubber roof?

22. Larry Swofford

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Bounder 33r, RV Year: 2002

My RV is an old 30amp class A. I am looking at options that will allow me to run both A/Cs during hot summer months. I have looked at changing the panel to 50 Amp, using a 50 amp to 30 & 20 amp splitter or just running a separate 20 amp circuit and auto transfer switch to the rear a/c connections from the generator box. Do you have a preference or is this the wrong approach?

23. Fran

RV Make: forest river, RV Model: Forester, RV Year: 2014

My slider on my 2014 forester is opening only partially. It opens about 2 inches only on one section of the panel. I checked the fuses, when I remove one fuse, the light next to it lights up and when I pull the second fuse (fuse is good) the light does not come on. Does this mean there’s a short in the wire or something else. I checked to see if there’s any blockage and nothing appears to be. Thank you.

24. john

RV Make: forrest river, RV Model: 30 ft ultra lite travel til., RV Year: 2018

electric fireplace fan not working…..any ideas ??

25. Bill

RV Make: winn, RV Model: 38Q, RV Year: 2016

help with toilet flushing problem

26. Larry Swofford

RV Make: Fleetwood, RV Model: Bounder 33r, RV Year: 2002

Mine is a 2002 Bounder I would like to run both while on Shore power

27. Dan

RV Make: Riverside , RV Model: Retro 177SE, RV Year: 2018

How can you determine if a by-pass valve is open or closed based on looking at it?