With just a little bit of attention to detail, you can not only help reduce costly leaks and breakdowns, but also increase the value of your rig by making it look better!
This Exterior Care and Maintenance Essentials class will show you how to inspect the sealants on the roof and sidewall that can result in moisture penetration and costly repairs. Faded fiberglass, cracked decals, and black streaks running down the side of an RV can drop the perceived value by thousands of dollars.
By following the tips and suggestions shown by your instructor, Dave Solberg, you can extend the life of your RV and make your RVing experience much more enjoyable.
This class will show you the proper sealants to use for the roof to sidewall, windows, and accessories that might be mounted to the roof. Silicone is not always the best sealant and may not even stick to certain surfaces which would cause leaks eventually.
You will also learn the difference between the various roof materials such as TPO, EPDM, and fiberglass, how to tell the difference between them and show you the easiest and safest method to clean them.
Awnings are often out of sight, out of mind and can get ruined quickly if not properly maintained. Learn how to inspect the awning and clean it with a common household cleaner that is great on tree sap but gentle on the environment.
Tires are the most critical component on an RV and also the most neglected. Learn how to properly inspect your tires sidewall, tread, and even a tip for detecting when tires, bearings, or axles might be going bad to prevent a disaster later down the road.
Finally this class will cover some specific motorhome insights to help you deal with common issues and more.
In addition to the detailed video instruction you’ll receive, this online class provides you with some downloadable resources and helpful information including: A detailed Class Guide you can follow and use as a reminder for the key points of the class instruction; resource documents that will help you with proper tire care and roof cleaning procedures and a BONUS Video that gives you some good tips on black streak removal.
NOTE: This Class video instruction is also available for purchase in DVD form. If you prefer to own a physical copy, you can purchase the Class DVD here.
- Q: Download this short video to hear a few insights on this class instruction A: Every Class has a free Preview video you can watch, to give you a flavor of the Instructor and the skills or project that will be covered. In addition, the Overview tab includes a thorough written description of the Class. And finally, each Class Session has a brief written summary of the content in that Session, including the length of each Session video. You will get a good feel for the Class content by reviewing these resources.
- Q: Do I have to be a Member of RV Repair Club to purchase a Class? A: No you don’t. While Premium Members will receive regular offers for special deals on RV content, Classes are not reserved exclusively for Members. If you buy a Class as a non-member, we’re sure you’d also enjoy having access to our full library of great quilting videos and articles as a Member, so give it a try.
- Q: How do I purchase a Class? A: First you should decide that the Class is what you want. Review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content. When you’re ready to purchase and gain access to the Class, simply click the “Add to Cart” button, and proceed through the Checkout process.
- Q: How do I access/view my Class? A: Once you’ve paid, you can access/view your Class by going to the MY ACCOUNT section of RV Repair Club. The MY ACCOUNT link is in the upper right-hand area of the website. Within your MY ACCOUNT, a section labeled “My Classes” will appear, including a link to watch the video of your Class. You’ll also receive an email confirmation after your purchase, which will include a link to view your Class. You can access your Class as many times as you wish, and you’ll never lose access to your Account information. Just be sure to “Log In” for access to MY ACCOUNT.
- Q: Do I have to take the Class right away? A: No. Any Class you buy will be accessible to you always. You can view your Class whenever you want, and you can view individual Sessions in whatever order you like.
- Q: Is there a limit on the times I can view my Class? A: No. Your access never expires. You can view any Class you purchase as many times as you want, whenever you want.
- Q: Can I view a Class on my tablet device or mobile phone? A: No problem. Most newer-model smartphones or other mobile/tablet devices with an internet connection are able to play the Class videos. Simply Log In on RV Repair Club, and you can view any Class you’ve bought through the MY ACCOUNT section. Or, you can click on the “View Class” link within the email confirmation you’ll receive upon your purchase.
- Q: How do I get access to the Bonus Materials for the Class? A: Until you purchase a Class, the Bonus material (any extra videos, download materials, etc.) will not be accessible. Once you purchase a Class, and go to view your Class, each individual Bonus element is accessible by simply clicking on each item. You’ll find the Bonus Materials directly below your main Class viewer frame. You can access the bonus materials as many times as you like and/or save them to your device.
- Q: How does the Class Q&A Resource benefit work? A: Once you purchase any Class, within the Class viewing page, you’ll have access to post a question, comment or tip in the Class Q&A Resource area. This is not a “live chat,” but your Class Instructor and RV Repair Club contributors will answer posted questions and provide tips regularly. You can also view other Class participants’ questions and input to take part in this virtual dialogue among others who have taken the Class and are willing to share tips, answers, or ideas.
- Q: Can I print out Class details? A: For any Bonus Material that is a PDF Download, yes you can. Just click on the icon/button for the Bonus element you want, and print with your local printer.
- Q: What are PDF downloads? A: These are simply documents, plans, or written materials that are formatted in a way to print out and retain for reference. By simply clicking on the icon/link for any PDF Download that is included with a Class, you can print that document on your own printer or simply view the contents on your computer/mobile device.
- Q: Are there any system requirements to view the Class video content? A: Your Class video content is best when viewed on a computer manufactured in the past couple of years with a good broadband Internet connection (not dialup). We also highly recommend using the latest version of Firefox, Safari, or Chrome as your Internet Browser, though recent versions of Internet Explorer will work as well. The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768 or larger.
- Q: Why do you need my email? A: We need it to acknowledge your purchase of a Class, and send you a confirmation of your transaction. Also, in order to maintain your permanent access to the Class videos, you’ll need to Login to www.rvrepairclub.com. We guarantee that we will not share your email with any third parties. You may receive email updates from RV from time to time, with details of new Classes and updates. You can easily unsubscribe when you receive any email.
- Q: Can I get a refund if I don’t like the Class? A: Because you’ll have full access to all the materials and content that is presented in the Class immediately, we can’t offer a refund after purchase. Please review the Class Preview video and the various written descriptions of the Class and each Session before you purchase, so you have a good understanding of the Class content.
- Q: How do I contact RV Repair Club Academy? A: If your question is about the Class content, please use the Class Discussion benefit to ask your question online – and you'll receive feedback from the Class Instructor. Even your fellow Class participants may jump in to offer tips and advice from their experience. If you have other questions or need help, you can email us at RVRepairClub@program-director.net. or call us toll-free, at 1-855-706-3536. Service Representatives will be available Monday-Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central time, excluding normal holidays.
Bonus Materials Included
Class Guide PDF ?
Roof Cleaning Guide PDF ?
Tire Care Guide PDF ?
Video: Meet Your Instructor ?
Video: More about Exterior Care & Maintenance ?
Bonus Video: Black Streak Removal ?