An anti sway hitch can make your towing life a more secure and a whole lot less stressful. By reducing the amount that a trailer can move side to side with crosswinds as you head down the road, an anti sway hitch is a must-have for RVers with especially tall trailers. Luckily companies such as Blue Ox make weight distributing hitches that can give peace of mind and a smoother ride. In this free video lesson George Vondriska introduces the SwayPro™ Weight Distributing Hitch from Blue Ox and shows you how to get it set up quickly and effectively.
Why your trailer could use an anti sway hitch
A weight distributing or anti sway hitch helps to make your towing ride more comfortable by doing a better job than a standard hitch of distributing the payload between the tow vehicle and the trailer. As such, your towing is going to be stabler with less side to side movement regardless of the unpredictable conditions you might face.
George discusses the mechanics involved in hitches that distribute weight and walks you through the process of installation in just a few minutes, explaining along the way what happens when you properly install an anti sway hitch. The SwayPro™ from Blue Ox works by using adjustable spring bars and tension to distribute the load of the trailer tongue (the static force the trailer tongue exerts on the hitch ball) to the trailer and the tow vehicle axles.
Additional information from the Blue Ox website
Here’s a bit more info about the SwayPro™, which is available in various tongue weights and shank sizes:
– Evenly distributes weight over axles of the tow vehicle and trailer
– Noise-free sway prevention never stops working, even in rain or snow
– Caster in the hitch head constantly centers the trailer
– Spring bars augment the suspensions of the tow vehicle & trailer
– Rotating latches with clamp-on brackets for quick and easy setup
– Powder-coated steel construction
– Tongue weights available: 350, 550, 750, 1000, 1500 & 2000 lbs
– Gross Towing Weight 20K maximum
– 2″ receiver or 2-1/2″ (BXW2000) receiver shanks dependent on model
– SwayPro Hitch Heads
– SwayPro Hitch Shanks
– SwayPro Spring Bars
– SwayPro Latches
– Weight Distribution Pole Tongue Adapter
– Wrench and Parts for SwayPro